Find out about the Sikh baptism ceremony of Amrit
- Use the slides to find out about the history of the ceremony and what happens during Amrit Sanskar and who undergoes the ceremony.
- Choose an activity sheet to show what you have learned.
How did George Washington Carver help farmers grow crops?
- Watch the powerpoint to learn about Carver 's life and his peanut-based inventions.
- Find out about cotton farming and how Carver's ideas about crop rotation changed farming all over the world.
- Use what you have learned to answer the questions on the activity sheet.
- Watch the YouTube video to learn about the ancient art of well dressings in Derbyshire and how they are made.
- Have a look through the article by Heather Cole for more information about well dressings.
- Then have a go at one or more of the following options for a task:
Option 1: If you were going to make your own well dressing, what images would you include? Have a go at drawing a design on paper.
Option 2: Create an information leaflet or presentation all about the tradition of well dressings.
Option 3: If you're feeling crafty, follow the final link to find instructions on how to make your own mini well dressing!