- Write an information text on an instrument of your choice.
- Write the diary/comic/story of a visit to a Viking feast using knowledge of Viking food.
- Create a poster all about Viking mead halls (also known as an ale longhouse).
- Write the story of a real Viking visiting school – what sort of funny or interesting things might happen?
- Use your artistic skills to illustrate any of your work.
Design and Technology ideas:
- Make a model longship from a cereal box – instructions provided but can also be found on:
- Choose a different Viking project from this website:
- Practise your ukulele!
- Try writing a song using the chords you have learnt.
- Research rivers, looking at the River Derwent in particular.
- How are rivers formed? Create a poster.
- Find out about the longest and most famous rivers in the world.
- Where are they?
- How long are they?
- Who lives by them?
- Experiment with shades of crayon/paint to create watery effects
- Recreate one of Monet’s river paintings
- Sow some sunflower seeds. Who can grow the tallest sunflower? Measure the height of your sunflower each day and record your measurements in a table and create a graph to show its growth.
- Research the life cycle of flowering plants and choose how to represent the four stages of: germination, growing and flowering, pollination, fertilisation and seed dispersal. You could:
- Draw the different stages on a paper plate, adding arrows to show the order
- Make a poster to show the stages
- Create a small book with one stage on each page
- Make a powerpoint of each stage
- Play the ‘Quel ages as-tu?’ board game
- Play ‘Jacques a dit’